Friday, November 21, 2008

Saving on Milk

Never spend over $2 on a gallon of milk...that is my new mantra.

The other day, I was completely out of milk and couldn't figure out who had it on sale. I simply gave up on finding a deal and spent $2.67 at Wal-Mart. Again, what was I thinking?

Fry's (Kroger brand) now has their milk on sale for $1.87...if only I had waited one day!

Usually at least one other store, like Albertson's, Safeway, or Basha's, has milk on sale for a good price, even if Fry's doesn't. These stores are a major drive for me, though. Not worth the price in gas just to pick up a cheap gallon of milk.

But here's the trick. Go to Wal-Mart with the ad. They price match any advertised item. You just need to get Wal-Mart's generic milk (Great Value, or something like that) and take it up to register with the ad. I've even forgotten my ad once or twice and they still price matched it! So now you really should never spend more than *$2 a gallon for milk :)

*I guess I shouldn't put a price tag on the savings...milk in Florida or Montana or Michigan (etc.) may be a lot cheaper/more expensive than I realize. Just know that you should be able to get milk on sale each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know how you feel! But please leave an email if you want a response (I'm not so good at figuring out a differnt way of doing this) :)